I don't know if anyone is still checking, since my updates have become so few and far between... A lot is happening, I just never feel well enough to try blogging!!
My last visit was both good and bad. Good because I gained two more pounds and there were still two little heartbeats!!! I am still measuring bigger than average (even for twins!) but only by a couple centimeters. I can't help but get nervous, since I currently weigh 15 pounds less than I did when I delivered Selah. And I am only 16 weeks... *sigh*
The bad news is my heart condition is back. With Selah I developed a heart condition at about 24 weeks, so it was discouraging that it is back already. So, back to the cardiologist I go! Grrr..... My doctor said she suspects that there is an electrical impulse issue, with something misfiring and causing my heart to randomly speed up, pound hard, barely beat or skip beats. Also, my heart rate stays elevated even when I am just laying there (which is all I ever do) and my blood pressure is very low. All of this causes the nausea, disorientation, and fainting I had to deal with the last couple months of Selah's pregnancy. It has not gotten that bad yet, but I have to admit I really struggled with being depressed at the prospect of dealing with this again.
We also had to discuss my surgery options should the twins show signs of twin-twin transfusion. This was also a bit overwhelming, since this surgery is not performed anywhere in Michigan, and she can't guarantee that my insurance will cover it. (It might be new enough to be considered "experimental," which they won't touch.) Of course, I am just praying that I won't need this surgery, but my doctor wants to prepare for it just in case. (Because if I do need it, there is a small window in which it can be safely performed.)
So, overall I left with mixed feelings. I am happy that things are okay so far, but it's hard not to worry about the complications that seem to pile up!!!
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

1 comment:
Hmmmm should you need this surgery I wonder if anywhere here in MD will do it???
Post a Comment