CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Clean Playroom!!! New Porch!!!

My mumsie-in-law came over and organized the playroom, which was getting really s-c-a-r-y. She also did the girls laundry and started sorting their clothes. (Poor Selah still has a drawer full of 18 month summer clothes which are too small and not weather appropriate. I have warmer/larger clothes, but that's another project we haven't gotten around to.) It is hard enough for Chad to keep up with the housework (along with everything else) in the few hours he has after work, so the heavy-duty organizing is falling by the wayside and the house is getting, shall we say, a bit frayed around the edges. This is especially noticeable when you are lying on the couch staring at it all day, but too weak and miserable to get up and do anything without starting a puke party. So, although it may not seem like a big deal to you, having one corner of the house back in order did much for my mental well-being!!!!

Then, my darling brother came over and helped Chad finish painting our porch, a project that has been sitting untouched for an embarrassingly long time. It was really ugly, since Chad had managed to strip most of the paint off before I got sick, but then the project stalled and it looked like a vacant ghetto porch. It was too much for Chad to handle on his own (can't imagine why, I mean, what else does he have to do?!??) so once again our wonderful family came to the rescue so we could take advantage of the lovely 70 degree weather. Aunt Connie took the girls and Jon came over and got to work painting while Chad tore out the rotted parts and rebuilt them. I even got to go outside (a rare treat) where I sat in a lounger and gave unnecessary directions so I could feel useful. They ignored me for the most part, but managed to pretend my advice was helpful. The porch looks brand new. I even took pictures.

So, see, it's not always all bad news coming out of here lately.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

But where's the pictures??

Michelle said...

I know you're probably still not feeling well, but I tagged you on my blog. :)