CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Girls Night Out!

*UPDATED - See bottom of post!*

When Sarah was a little girl, she declared to my mom that she wanted a surprise wedding. Mind you, she didn't mean that she wanted to surprise her family when she got married, she meant she wanted to show up somewhere and , "SURPRISE! You're getting married today!" Well, unfortunately I wasn't able to fulfill that childhood dream, since I'm pretty sure she knows her wedding is coming up. So, we came up with the next best thing: a surprise bachelorette party! Since I am the entire wedding party in the female category, I decided to enlist our cousins to liven things up. Mind you, I can be a party by myself, but the tendency to nod off or try to wipe someone's nose has crept in since motherhood. Not cool. So I invited some younger, hipper family members (Beth, Rach and Michelle) to help out in the cool category. (Jess & Liz, I SOOO wish you could have rounded out the OVER 18 girl cousin category - we would have had a blast!!!)

We started the evening out with strawberry coladas, virgin of course. (Hey, I am the big sister here.) Jess taught me how to make these and I LOVE them. Then we headed out to Applebees for dinner. Since I am running out of time, money and energy as we enter the wedding home stretch, I don't see a personal shower on the horizon, so we decided to bring the fun gifts now! (Plus, opening kinky gifts in a restaurant was supposed to be embarrassing. I should have known: nothing makes Sarah blush.)

Back to my place afterward, which I had exterminated for husbands and children. (Chad headed to his mom's with the girls for the night.) We enjoyed Fre White Zinfandel and munched on chocolate strawberries and Russel Stovers while soaking our feet in bubbling foot massagers. I chose a movie I felt was appropriate for the occasion, "Down With Love," but we basically blabbed the whole time and didn't really pay attention to it.

Sarah was totally surprised, and we had a really great time. It was nice to kick back, pamper ourselves, and spend time with family that we don't spend enough time with!

*UPDATE*

I added some pics of this event on the wedding website, so you'll have to go there to see them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica and Liz would have rounded out the girl cousins??
What am I??????

Leighanne

Elizabeth said...

WAAHHH! I missed it! You couldn't wait a few day? J/K. I'm glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey what's Leighanne chopped liver???

Angela said...

LOL - Sorry Leighanne!!! I just figured with the kinds of gifts we were giving Sarah, I'd better keep an "over age 18" guest list! But you're right, we still would have been missing a girl cousin!