CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hooray for Resale!!!

I have to confess, I love resale shops. Not the dirty, smelly ones, of course, but the cool ones. I think it is the thrill of the unpredictability, almost like a treasure hunt. (Only it's designer shoes and cool toys instead of gold and jewels.) Some people may think it's icky to shop there, but I honestly think even if money weren't an issue I would love those stores. I have found one I particularly like, since it's where all the rich people dump their stuff, and they have a particularly large shoe section. I managed to drag Chad there yesterday. (Chad is not as big of a fan, since he gets stressed out chasing the girls around the toy section.) This time, I struck gold in the toy department! Here are my finds, all under $2:

2 brand new 24 piece Pooh puzzles
1 Leap Frog USA floor puzzle with special decoder to read facts about each state (a little old for them, but cool enough to put up for later)
1 brand new Animals Complete Learning Set - I spent almost $20 on this for my nephew for Christmas, and here it was under $3!!!
Hasbro Whac-a-Mole - the girls have been loudly banging this all morning, so I'm beginning to doubt the wisdom of this purchase
Finders Keepers - a really fun game similar to I Spy
Cranium Cariboo Treasure Hunt - This has been Elianna's favorite so far, and one of the best ways to get her to practice her numbers and letters!!!

The big find for Mommy were two pairs of Candies jeans (so Sarah, no more laughing at my Kohl's jeans) for the whopping price of $3. Daddy found some brand new shorts (American Eagle, of course) and I got a stack of jeans for Elianna at $1 a piece. So, if my Mum-in-law reads this, THANKS for the coupons! We definitely got our money's worth as we hauled four garbage bags of booty back to the trunk. Now I have to get rid of stuff at home we don't need to make room!!!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love resale shops too!! We just got a Savers here and our Salvation Army expanded. The Savers is pretty nice. It has nicer stuff. I got Elijah some cute sleepers for $2 that were in perfect shape. One still had the tags on! The clothes for women are a little more there but on Fridays it's half off a certain color and then Monday that color is 99 cents. There aren't any resale shops that are stores in our area though. I like subdivision sales best. Lots of yard sales in one place and you can bargain! My mom ended up finding Elijah a pack n play for when we are visiting at a yard sale. Are you going to keep up the tradition and go to a yard sale before the wedding? LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey in a few years can I get Elianna's hand-me-downs? Do you think they will fit me by then? What second hand store did you go to? I don't mind the rich people ones.

Coco

Melanie said...

uhhhgggg.... I wish we had something good here... We have the thrift store, but its not all nice like you're talking! You'll have to drag me there next time I'm in town!