Sometimes Elianna blurts things out, and I just scratch my head wondering where she got it from.
Chad and I were at church when another family asked if we wanted to go to lunch with them. We get to the car, and Chad realizes he has left his wallet at home. Now, I don't want to tell the other family this, since it will look like we are trying to mooch lunch... so we politely decline. Naturally, I am grumpy about this, and as soon as we get in the car I start complaining (with my "teacher voice") about the dangers of leaving without your wallet. What if we got pulled over and you don't have your drivers license? What if there was a sale and I had to stop and buy milk? What if one of our children came up missing and we needed a picture to show the police? On and on, till Chad starts complaining back that it was an accident so I shouldn't be so grumpy. Just as he starts, Elianna pipes up even louder from the back seat, "Guys! Guys! Be quiet and stop talking so loud! Guys! Guys! No talking mean! Be quiet!" I try not to laugh and turn around with a serious face. "Now Elianna, you need to mind your own business. Daddy and I are talking, and you don't tell us to be quiet." Something like that. Anyway, we go back to our intense fellowship (as my friend Megan calls it) and Elianna interrupts again. This time, she is really letting us have it. "Guys! Guys! Listen to me! If you want to yell, just yell PRAISE THE LORD." (Only she pronounces it "PWAISE THE LODE")
Where did she get that from?!?!?!?
Rejoicing in the Inheritance
9 years ago

2 comments:
Hmmmmm..... I could only imagine where she got THAT from!!
We may have solved the mystery... After church Sunday Elianna told me they sing a song in her class where halfthe kids yell "Hallelujah" and the other half yell "Praise the Lord." (It's a contest to see who can scream the loudest, basically.) But really, with her, who knows!??!!?
Post a Comment